Painful menstrual cramps are a common, yet avoidable experience. I remember being curled up in a ball, feeling like my insides were being pulled from my body. Not only was it excruciating, but It interfered with my mood and ability to function. It’s been over a decade since those painful days and I am happy to live my life cramp-free. Now that I've figured out how to be comfortable ALL month long, I would like to share some of my strategies to help you be cramp-free too!
1. Balance your hormones. I began to balance my hormones with a proper, nutrient rich diet and regular exercise. Need assistance with this? Schedule a complimentary Wellness Breakthrough Strategy Session to explore how I may best assist you.
2. Don’t shower the first two days of your period. If you get your abdomen wet, it stops the blood
3. Don’t wear tampons. Tampons are “plugs” – they impede the flow. Impeding the flow in any
way can create cramping. Additionally, unless you purchase natural tampons, you are putting
toxins into your body. Tampons are made with cotton that is mixed with synthetic fibers that are bleached using chlorine, which can create dioxin and may cause abnormal tissue and cell growth, immune system suppression, and disrupt your hormone and endocrine system. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency indicates dioxin a serious health threat with no safe level of exposure.
4. Get plenty of rest. Your body is doing a lot of work. Honor your body’s need for rest.
5. Try the following yoga poses (see images below):
Remember, your body is trying to get rid of what it no longer needs. If you disrupt this process, you are
energetically trying to hold on or resist the flow of life. Meditation and focusing on releasing may also be helpful in reducing or eliminating cramps. Your monthly cycle does not have to stop you in your tracks! Would you like more guidance in feeling great all month long? Schedule a complimentary Wellness Breakthrough Strategy Sessionto explore how I may best assist you.